Friday, August 29, 2008

Continuing your garden theme


O I love bees, what a gorgeous picture!
I love the parallel of creeping and observing like Toby the cat.
On the 15th of August I finished a print residency at Atelier Circulaire, a gorgeous print shop in Montreal's Mile end.
During the last bit, another visiting printmaker, Celia, and I had a monoprint day where we set up some inks and plates and experimented with monoprinting. This is one of my prints, where I discovered monoprinting is like painting on glass, you apply colour from foreground to background.
This one is supposed to be a flowering cactus.
This plate changed so much you wouldn't even believe it. It started off as an all black plate!
I have just finished painting the second third of my studio.
The wall I will wake up to is a metallic shimmering blue, to remind me of the ocean. I will put the African sun you gave me up there as well.

No comments: